Sunday 21 November 2010

Over all my dreams, in my darkest hour.

I have spent most of this weekend crying. In fact yesterday I cried so much that my eyes are actually swollen and painful today that it's slightly embarrassing to go out the house. But I was just worshipping God - and this song came up and it reminded me of promises he has made me. This song has brought me through a lot and I pray it will take me further.

Over all the earth, you reign on high,
Every mountain stream, every sunset sky.
But my one request, Lord my only aim
Is that you;d reign in me again.

Lord reign in me, reign in your pow'r;
Over all my dreams, in my darkest hour.
You are the Lord of all I am,
So won't you reign in me again.

Over every thought, over every word,
May my life reflect the beauty of my Lord;
'Cause you mean more to me than any earthly thing.
So won't you reign in me again.


In different chapters of my life different parts of this song have particularly spoken to my inner most heart. When I was depressed it was God reigning over my thoughts. When relationships break down and I am left heart broken, hurt by a boy or just a friend who has left me behind - God means more to me than any earthly thing.
But today as I sat and sang knowing of not another thing I could do with myself after having one of the most difficult few days even weeks I've had in a long time and all I could sing is "Over all my dreams" - everything that is placed, scribed, scrawled on my heart for the future, for the young people of York and my life - "In my darkest hour" - doubt, paint, heartache, lack of belief in myself, tiredness - HE is the Lord of all I am.

My one request, Lord, my ONLY aim - is that you reign in me again.



No comments:

Post a Comment